Safe @ School Program
Seminars for Parents and key members of the school community.
Our in-service presentation covers everything you should know about Food Allergies, Anaphylaxis and other allergic diseases.
Topics will include:
• Food Allergy Basics, Facts & Statistics
• Recognize a Reaction
• Label Reading
• Food Preparation
• Enact Emergency Plan (IHP, IEP, 504 Plan)
• Ways to Avoid Allergen
• How a Child Might Describe a Reaction
• FARE's Be a PAL Program (Food Allergy Awareness Week in May)
• FARE Walk (October)
• PAK Support Group Information
• Special Resources (Books/Food Vendors)
• Sample Letters & NYS Anaphylaxis Guidelines
or call (631) 207-1681
Disclaimer: PAK is not a professional or medical organization. It is a group of parents sharing information and supporting each other. The discussions, meeting minutes, handouts, guest speakers, agendas, and other products of our support group do not constitute medical/legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always discuss individual health questions and medical issues with a qualified personal physician.